The Bridges Library System is partnering with nine other library systems in Wisconsin to bring you version 2.0 of the 1000 Books before Kindergarten app. The following library systems will have select library locations included in phase II of the app: Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, IFLS Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, Monarch Library System, Nicolet Federated Library System, South Central Library System, Winnefox Library System, Wisconsin Valley Library Service, and Winding Rivers Library System.
Phase II of app development includes:
- Requested Features:
- Users are able to add books to the book list multiple times with the touch of a button, “Add book again”
- Users can email the list of books read as a keepsake
- Users can sort the book list Title A-Z and Author A-Z
- Sort by Date (Oldest to Newest)
- Page counter has been added to the book list
- Search bar has been added to the book list so users can search for books they’ve previously read
- Other Features:
- Library users coming from our partner library systems and libraries are able to use the app and take part in the challenge to read a 1000 Books before Kindergarten
- If a user moves, he/she can update their library location
- Frequently Asked Questions section has been added and will re-direct to this web site, www.read1000books.org
- As achievements are unlocked, users will be able to share these moments to social media including such sources as facebook and twitter
- The app is available in Spanish thanks to a Library Services and Technology Act grant secured by the Arrowhead Library System
- Library systems, on behalf of their member libraries, are able to generate reports on a regular basis from the reporting system. Some libraries will be given library-level access to reports but this is something determined at the library system level.